As one of the most-watched sporting events in the world, the Super Bowl always attracts a huge audience, including those who want to watch the game for free. Whether it’s for budget reasons or simply wanting to avoid paying for cable or satellite TV, many people are searching for ways to stream the Super Bowl online without shelling out extra money. In this article, we’ll cover the top 5 websites to stream the Super Bowl for free, 5 creative ways to watch the Super Bowl for free, and provide the ultimate guide to watching the Super Bowl for free, including tips on how to stream the game on your smartphone.
Top 5 Websites to Stream the Super Bowl for Free
There are several popular websites that offer free streaming of the Super Bowl. These include options like CBS.com, NBCSports.com, FoxSports.com, ESPN+, and many more. Each website has its own strengths and weaknesses, and it’s important to do some research before selecting the right one for you. Here are some of the best websites to stream the Super Bowl for free:
1. CBS.com – CBS.com offers free streaming of the Super Bowl, and it’s accessible from anywhere in the US. One great thing about CBS is that they’re known for their quality streams and they upload the game onto their YouTube channel, making it easy to re-watch at a later time.
2. NBCSports.com – NBCSports.com provides a reliable and easy-to-use platform for watching the Super Bowl for free. It’s simply a matter of creating an account and logging in on the day of the game.
3. FoxSports.com – FoxSports.com offers free live streaming of the game, but it requires a valid US cable subscription. However, there are other options to bypass it. Standard ad-blockers are very effective on the site and there is also a free trial offered.
4. ESPN+ – ESPN+ is a monthly subscription-based service but offers 5 days of free stream usage to all new users during the Super Bowl month. It’s great if you want to follow the Super Bowl after it’s formally over too, as it includes behind-the-scenes footage and postgame interviews.
5. NFL Game Pass – This website offers a 7-day free trial for new members and streams a seamless, high-quality version of the game. NFL Fans who aren’t based in the United States, Canada, or China can sign up for NFL Game Pass International and stream Super Bowl for free with their seven-day free trial offer.
5 Creative Ways to Watch the Super Bowl for Free
Aside from the websites mentioned above, there are creative ways to watch the Super Bowl for free. Here are five options you may not have thought of:
1. Community Viewing Parties – Check with your local community organizations or town hall as they often organize Super Bowl viewing parties where you can watch the game for free along with other fans in the area.
2. Use Free Trials – Most streaming services offer a free trial period, usually for up to 7 days. You can use this period to watch the Super Bowl, cancel, and receive your money back. Sling TV and Hulu TV offer such trials.
3. Utilize Social Media Streaming – Visit social media platforms such as youtube, facebook groups, instagram, twitter and look for individuals who may be broadcasting the game for free. However, be careful of scams or pop-ups that may lead to a paid site.
4. Visit Local Bars – Check with the bars and restaurants in your area, as some may have Super Bowl promotions where they offer free game screenings. You can visit the place and have a good time without spending a penny.
5. Visit Different Stadiums – This option is for the football enthusiasts who crave the fun atmosphere of football euphoria and excitement regardless of location. Some stadiums organize live screenings of the game bringing fans together to enjoy it as a community.
The Ultimate Guide to Watching the Super Bowl for Free
This section will provide a comprehensive guide on all available options to watch the Super Bowl for free:
1. Over-The-Air Television Networks – Standard network television broadcasts the Super Bowl through FCC-regulated airwaves, which is free for audiences with a digital antenna. Super Bowl channels like NBC, FOX and CBS broadcast using this method.
2. Public Events – Some public spaces like at community parks, event halls, or sports facilities may hold Super Bowl viewing events, sometimes even with free concessions provided.
3. Visiting Local Sports Bars and Restaurants – In a bid to lure local fans, many bars and restaurants may hold screenings of the Super Bowl often providing free food and drinks, and the atmosphere can be electric.
4. Streaming Services and Apps – In addition to the above-mentioned websites and apps, services like Amazon Fire TV Stick, Roku, Apple TV, and Chromecast could be used to stream online content onto TV. However, access to live sports may be limited through these services, and often there are paid subscriptions needed
How to Stream the Super Bowl for Free on Your Smartphone
Watching the Super Bowl on a Smartphone may be the only available option for some, and if you’re in that category, then here are the best apps to stream the game for free:
1. Yahoo Sports App – The Yahoo Sports app provides free and legal streaming of NFL games, including the Super Bowl, via smartphones. You do not need a cable subscription to access this service.
2. NFL Mobile App – The NFL Mobile App is free to install and provides access to live football games including the Super Bowl, right from your Smartphone. However, keep in mind that different carriers may have specific requirements.
3. Locast.org – The Locast app takes a novel approach of utilizing local online broadcasting agreements to offer free local television streams. The catch is that the service is not available in all areas yet but it is worth a try if it’s available in your area.
Tips and Tricks for Watching the Super Bowl for Free
Here are some useful tips and tricks to watch the Super Bowl for free:
1. Sign Up for Free Trials – Most streaming services offer free trial periods, including Sling TV, Fubo TV, and Hulu TV. Sign up before the day of the game and use the trial period to watch the Super Bowl, then cancel before the end of the trial period to avoid paying any fees.
2. Take Advantage of Promotions – Some streaming services provide promotions or discounts tied to their social media channels or through the network’s promotions page. Follow these sources to know when such promotions are offered.
3. Share the Costs – If you’re considering subscribing to streaming services featuring a Super Bowl channel, consider splitting the cost with a friend or a family member who’s also interested in watching the game.
As you can see, there are so many different ways to watch the Super Bowl for free! Whether you choose to stream the game online or attend public viewing events, there are options available to fit every need and budget. We hope you found this guide helpful and that you’re able to enjoy the Super Bowl without breaking the bank. Try out the different options and let us know which ones worked best for you.