Many people who use Cash App and Venmo regularly find themselves asking if it’s possible to send money from Cash App to Venmo. While these two popular payment platforms share some similarities, they don’t allow direct transfers between them at the moment. This can be frustrating for many users who want to move money from one platform to another quickly and easily. However, as you’ll read below, there are some steps you can take to make it possible. In this article, we’ll explore how to send money from Cash App to Venmo. We’ll also share some tips and tricks that can make this process easier for you.
Understanding the Differences between Cash App and Venmo
Before we dive into how to move money from Cash App to Venmo, let’s take a look at the two platforms themselves.
Cash App is a mobile money transfer app that lets users send money to other people in just a few taps. It’s connected to your bank account and can be used to pay for goods and services. With Cash App, you can also buy and sell stocks and Bitcoin, for a small fee.
Venmo is also a mobile payment app that allows users to transfer funds to other people’s accounts free of charge. Like Cash App, Venmo is linked to a user’s bank account or debit/credit card. Venmo also has a discover feature, which allows users to see and share purchases that friends have made online.
When comparing Cash App and Venmo, one of the major differences to consider is the types of transactions each app supports. While both apps allow person-to-person (P2P) payments, Cash App also facilitates business transactions, which Venmo doesn’t. Another key distinction is the transfer limit. Cash App enables users to transfer up to $7,500 per week, whereas Venmo is capped at $4,999.99 per week. There is also a difference between the fees charged by the two platforms.
Step-by-Step Guide to Transferring Money from Cash App to Venmo
Now that we’ve explored the differences between Cash App and Venmo, let’s get into how to move money from one to the other. While there is no direct way to transfer money between the two platforms, you can still do it with a few easy steps:
- Open the Cash App on your mobile phone and tap on the “My Cash” button.
- Click on the “Cash Out” button and enter the amount of money you want to transfer.
- You will then be taken to the “Choose Withdrawal Speed” screen, where you need to choose the “Standard” option.
- Click on the “Instant” button if you want to transfer money more quickly, but be aware that there will be a fee associated with this transfer.
- Enter the details of your virtual debit card from Cash App into Venmo as a linked account. Your Cash App virtual debit card can be found by visiting the “My Cash” section and clicking on “Get Cash Card.”
- Once your virtual debit card details have been added, you can transfer money from Cash App to Venmo.
- Open Venmo and select the “Pay” option at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter the amount of money you want to transfer and select the virtual debit card you previously linked from Cash App.
- Then, click on the “Pay” button to complete the transfer.
Keep in mind that while the process outlined above is the most efficient way to send money from Cash App to Venmo, it’s not without risks. There is no way to reverse a transaction once it’s complete, so make sure that you’re sending money to the right person and that the amount is correct.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the transfers may take a few business days to complete, depending on the banks involved and other factors. So, plan accordingly and allow for a bit of extra time if you need to send money by a certain date.
Benefits of Converting from Cash App to Venmo
Now that you know how to transfer money from Cash App to Venmo, you might be wondering why you would want to switch to Venmo if you already have Cash App. While both platforms offer similar services, there are some advantages of using Venmo over Cash App.
One of the main advantages of using Venmo is that it has lower fees compared to Cash App. With Venmo, there are no fees for sending or receiving money by bank transfer. However, there are fees associated with using a debit or credit card on the platform. With Cash App, fees can range from 1.5% to 3% for instant deposits.
Another benefit of Venmo is that it has a social aspect. Users can add friends on the platform, see their transaction history, and interact with them. This feature is not currently available on Cash App. Venmo also offers more user-friendly design for tracking transactions and enjoying the shopping history.
Comparing Cash App and Venmo Fees
As we mentioned earlier, there are differences in the fees associated with Cash App and Venmo. Here is a breakdown of what fees you can expect to pay with each platform:
- Cash App: 1.5% fee for instant deposits; 3% fee for instant withdrawals; 1.5% fee for sales transactions
- Venmo: No fee for transactions made with a linked bank account; 1.5% fee for transactions made with a linked debit or credit card.
By comparing the fees of the two platforms, it’s easy to see why users may be drawn to using Venmo instead of Cash App. However, it’s important to keep in mind that there are other factors besides fees to consider when deciding which platform to use.
In conclusion, while there is no direct way at present to send money from Cash App to Venmo, the steps mentioned above can help you complete the transfer. It is essential to pay close attention to the details, since the process involves some extra steps and risks. We’ve gone over some of the advantages of using Venmo over Cash App, such as lower fees and social aspects, so you can decide which platform offers the best features for your needs. Ultimately, the aim of this guide is to make the process of transferring money between Cash App and Venmo, even a little less frustrating.