Accidentally deleting a text message can be a frustrating experience. Losing important messages from your loved ones, friends, or colleagues can be devastating, especially if there is no backup available. However, don’t lose hope because there are several methods to recover deleted messages from your iPhone. In this article, we’ll explore the proven solutions to help you retrieve deleted messages on your iPhone.
4 Proven Methods to Recover Deleted Messages from Your iPhone
If you’ve backed up your iPhone, there are four methods to recover deleted messages: iCloud backup, iTunes backup, third-party software, and carrier support. Each of these methods has its benefits and drawbacks.
For instance, iCloud and iTunes backups are free and easy to use, while third-party software and carrier support may come with extra features but can be costly. Therefore, consider the value, cost, and efficiency of each method before deciding which one to use.
How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone: A Step-by-Step Guide
If you have an iCloud backup, you can restore deleted text messages using your iPhone’s built-in Settings app. To restore deleted messages from iCloud backup, follow these simple steps:
- Go to Settings > General > Reset and choose ‘Erase all content and settings.’
- Follow the on-screen prompts to erase your device.
- When you reach the ‘Apps and Data’ screen, choose ‘Restore from iCloud backup.
- Select your most recent backup and wait for the process to complete.
Ensure you have a stable and fast internet connection. Also, you need to enter your Apple ID and password to complete the process. The restored text messages will replace the current data on your device.
The Ultimate Guide to Recovering Deleted Messages from Your iPhone
If you’re not sure which method to use, this comprehensive guide covers all the options you have to recover deleted messages from your iPhone.
It compares the pros and cons of each method, highlighting the concerns you need to keep in mind with each option. Additionally, it provides guidance on when it’s best to use each method, depending on the specific situation.
Is it Possible to Recover Deleted Messages on iPhone? We Tested 6 Methods to Find Out
There are several methods to recover deleted messages from your iPhone, but which one is the most efficient and easy-to-use? To find out, we tested six methods:
- iCloud backup
- iTunes backup
- Third-party software -Dr. Fone
- Carrier support -Verizon
- Cloud Recovery from iCloud.com
- Recover Deleted Messages with a data recovery lab
After testing all the methods, we compiled a list of the most efficient and easy-to-use methods you can selectively use to recover deleted messages from your iPhone.
Tried and Tested Methods to Recover Accidentally Deleted Text Messages on Your iPhone
Based on the results of our testing, we recommend using iCloud backup or third-party software, such as Dr.Fone. Here’s how to use Dr. Fone to recover deleted messages from your iPhone:
- Download the software from the Wondershare website and install it on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable and select ‘Recover from iOS device’ on the main interface.
- Select the ‘Messages and Attachments’ option and click ‘Start Scan.’
- Select the messages you want to restore from the scan results and click ‘Recover.’
- The restored messages will save to your computer.
Dr.Fone is a paid solution, starting from $69.95 for a single license. However, it’s easy to use and unlikely to fail, making it an appropriate investment when you have critical messages, images, or contacts that you need to recover.
Don’t Panic: How to Recover Deleted Messages from iPhone Without a Backup
Recovering deleted messages on an iPhone without a backup is a tricky and challenging process. Unlike other methods, where you can retrieve deleted messages from backups, without a backup, you are limited to recovering messages from caches, databases, and remnants that haven’t been cleared from your device.
To retrieve deleted messages without backup, try the following steps:
- Download data recovery software, such as Disk Drill, on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Close iTunes.
- Open Disk Drill and select your iPhone from the list of connected devices.
- Click the ‘Recover’ button and wait for the process to complete.
- Select the messages you want to restore and export them to your computer.
Data recovery without a backup isn’t 100% guaranteed, but it’s worth trying if you desperately need to recover lost data.
Accidentally deleting text messages on your iPhone can be a nightmare. Fortunately, there are several methods available to help you recover deleted messages. From iCloud and iTunes backups to third-party software and data recovery tools, there is a solution to fit almost any situation.
We encourage you to try some of the methods provided in this article before giving up. By following the steps outlined above, you can recover those important messages you thought were gone forever.