Minecraft has become one of the most popular games worldwide, providing players with endless possibilities. One of the game’s most important features is the Ender Portal, which allows players to access the End World and fight the Ender Dragon. This article aims to provide a comprehensive guide on how to make the Ender Portal in Minecraft, using a step-by-step tutorial, video guide, and infographic guide. Additionally, we’ll explore the End World, provide creative twists for making the portal, and reveal some of the secrets and achievements related to it.
II. Step-by-step tutorial
To make the Ender Portal, you need to collect 14 obsidian blocks. Obsidian blocks are created when water and lava come into contact, and they can be collected using a diamond pickaxe. Once you have collected enough obsidian blocks, follow these steps to make the Ender Portal:
- Start by digging a flat hole that is 5 blocks wide and 4 blocks long.
- Place the first 3 obsidian blocks on the ground, forming a U-shape.
- Place 2 obsidian blocks on the top of each side of the U-shape.
- Put another 3 obsidian blocks on top of the 2 obsidian blocks on each side.
- Put the final obsidian blocks inside the U-shape, on top of the other blocks.
- Stand inside the U-shape and place an Eye of Ender on each of the blocks surrounding the portal to activate it.
The Ender Portal frame will now be activated, and you will be able to enter the End World by jumping into it.
III. Video guide
While the step-by-step tutorial is comprehensive, some players may prefer a visual guide to making the Ender Portal. A video guide provides a better understanding of the process, making it easier to replicate. Here’s a video that we think provides a great guide to making the Ender Portal:
The video covers the same steps as the tutorial, with added visuals to make it easier to follow. It also has some tips for success when making the portal.
IV. Infographic guide
Another useful tool for visual learners is an infographic guide. Infographics provide an easy-to-understand, step-by-step guide to a process. Here is an infographic outlining the process of making the Ender Portal:
The infographic covers the same steps as the tutorial and video guide. It also provides additional information on the materials you’ll need to create the portal and the steps to activate it.
V. Exploring the End World
Once you’ve made the Ender Portal and entered the End World, you’ll find yourself in a strange and interesting place. The End World is full of unique terrain and mobs, including the Ender Dragon. Some notable features of the End World include:
- Ender Crystals, which heal the Ender Dragon and need to be destroyed before attacking it.
- End Cities, which are filled with valuable loot.
- Chorus Trees, which can be harvested for chorus fruit and blocks.
Exploring the End World is an important part of Minecraft gameplay, and making the Ender Portal is the only way to access it.
VI. Creative twist
If you’re looking to make the Ender Portal in a more creative way, you can do so with limited resources. Here’s how:
- Create a Nether Portal.
- Jump into the Nether Portal and look for a Nether Fortress.
- Find a Blaze Spawner inside the Nether Fortress.
- Collect Blaze Rods from the Blaze Spawner.
- Use the Blaze Rods to craft Blaze Powder.
- Use Ender Pearls and Blaze Powder to craft Eyes of Ender.
- Throw the Eyes of Ender to find a stronghold.
- Inside the stronghold, find the End Portal Frame and insert the Eyes of Ender into them.
Using this creative twist, you can make the Ender Portal without having to collect obsidian blocks.
VII. Achievements and secrets
Making the Ender Portal unlocks several achievements, including defeating the Ender Dragon, acquiring the Dragon’s Breath, and obtaining the Shulker Box. Here’s how to obtain these achievements:
- Defeat the Ender Dragon by destroying the Ender Crystals and attacking it.
- Obtain the Dragon’s Breath by using a Glass Bottle on the lingering clouds after defeating the Ender Dragon.
- Obtain the Shulker Box by defeating a Shulker.
While there are no hidden secrets strictly related to making the Ender Portal, there are many secrets to be found in the End World, such as End Cities and hidden treasure.
VIII. The science behind it
The Ender Portal works based on the principle of block states and block entity data. A block can have different states, which are specific configurations of the same block type. Block entity data, on the other hand, describes additional data assigned to a block, such as its position, the items inside it, or its owner. When you place Ender Eyes in the End Portal Frame, it changes the block states and block entity data, activating the Ender Portal and allowing you to enter the End World.
In conclusion, the Ender Portal is an essential part of Minecraft gameplay, allowing players to access the End World and fight the Ender Dragon. Making the Ender Portal requires obsidian blocks, and following the step-by-step tutorial, video guide, or infographic guide can help you complete the process successfully. Exploring the End World unlocks secrets and achievements, and making the portal creatively can offer exciting gameplay challenges. We hope this guide has been helpful, and we encourage you to make an Ender Portal on your own.