Do you find yourself puzzled over when tax-free weekend in Oklahoma falls? It can be challenging to keep track of dates and regulations associated with it. However, tax-free weekend is a fantastic opportunity for families to save on back-to-school shopping and other items. If you’re wondering when tax-free weekend is in Oklahoma, look no further. This article will provide you with all the information you need to know to take advantage of the savings.
Get Ready for Savings: Tax Free Weekend in Oklahoma is Coming Soon!
If you’re unfamiliar with this event, tax-free weekend allows shoppers to purchase eligible items without paying the state sales tax. This year, Oklahoma’s tax-free weekend is scheduled for Friday, August 6, 2021, through Sunday, August 8, 2021.
You can save money during tax-free weekend by purchasing items such as clothing and shoes under $100 each, school supplies under $50 per purchase, and backpacks under $50. Keep in mind the exemption is eligible items only, and the purchase must be made during the tax-free weekend.
To take full advantage of the savings, plan and be prepared. Dedicate some time to list what you need to purchase and which items qualify. Not all stores may participate, so check beforehand if the store you plan to visit is exempt.
Your Ultimate Guide to Tax Free Weekend in Oklahoma
Tax-free weekends first started in New York in 1996. Since then, they’ve become an annual summer sales event in many US states. According to Oklahoma State law, exempt items include clothing and shoes, backpacks and school supplies, and personal computers and accessories. However, some rules and regulations should be followed:
- Items must be purchased for personal, not commercial, use.
- Exemption applies to eligible items, not to qualifying purchase amounts that exceed the limitations.
- Exemption applies to items that are sold by Oklahoma retailers in-person or online.
- For clothing and shoes, the price of the item must fall below $100.
- For school supplies, the price of each item must not exceed $50.
- For backpacks, the price must not exceed $50.
- For personal computers and computer accessories, the price must not exceed $1,000.
Don’t Miss Out on Tax Free Weekend in Oklahoma: How to Save on Back-to-School Shopping
Back-to-school shopping can be costly, but tax-free weekend can make it easier on your wallet. Parents can save money on school supplies, clothes, backpacks, and electronics. Here are a few tips on how to make the most of the event:
- Shop early to get the biggest selection and avoid crowds.
- Make a list of everything you need and double-check it against the tax-free eligible items list.
- Shop around to find the best deals from participating stores.
- Be aware of any added costs like shipping or handling fees for online purchases.
- Compare the price of an item and take into account any discounts that may apply on regular purchase periods.
Five Oklahoma Stores You Can’t Miss During Tax Free Weekend
Some stores tend to offer even more discounts during tax-free weekends. Here are five recommended stores to visit during the tax-free weekend for the best deals:
- Walmart- With participating stores all over Oklahoma, Walmart has a wide variety of discounted items, from clothes and electronics to school supplies.
- Target- Not to be outdone, Target offers a vast selection of school supplies and clothes to choose from at a discounted price.
- JCPenney- They offer tax-free deals of up to 60% off clothing and shoes. Visit JCPenney online or at some of their department stores.
- Best Buy- They offer discounts of up to $100 on personal computers and laptops.
- Academy Sports + Outdoors- Need new backpacks or sports gear? Academy offers up to 50% off, including select activewear.
The Pros and Cons of Shopping During Tax-Free Weekend in Oklahoma
While shopping during tax-free weekend might seem like a no-brainer, there are both advantages and disadvantages. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
The Benefits of Shopping During Tax-Free Weekend
- You can save 8.375% on eligible items.
- Major retailers often stock up more on products before the event, ensuring more options for shoppers.
- Some retailers may offer additional discounts or promotions.
The Drawbacks of Shopping During Tax-Free Weekend
- You need to plan carefully and make time for shopping with many people looking to take advantage of the savings.
- It’s not always clear which stores participate or have eligible items excluded from the sale, so it pays to shop around and compare prices.
- You may not find the exact size or color of the items you need due to high demand during the event.
Overall, if you don’t mind a little extra planning and effort, shopping during the tax-free weekend can save you a considerable amount of money and provide you with good deals.
Oklahoma’s tax-free weekend is an excellent opportunity for shoppers to save money on back-to-school and other items. With some careful planning and preparation, it’s easy to take advantage of the savings. Remember to compare prices, be aware of the rules and regulations, and check out the best stores for the most substantial discounts. We hope this guide helps you stay informed and make the most of tax-free weekend in Oklahoma!
Additional tip: Consider donating any clothing or supplies that aren’t eligible for tax exemption to a local charity. It may help someone in need and save the environment.
Finally, the COVID-19 pandemic is still ongoing, and it’s vital to stay safe. Don’t forget to wear a mask and use hand sanitizer if you plan to go shopping in-store.